Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Reunions!!!

I thought it would be a great idea to blog about our family reunions, but since I forgot the camera at both reunions (at least I am consistent, right!?) this will be a picture free blog. According to Madison blogs without pictures are no fun. So with that being said, I will make this short so to not bore my readers, especially my daughter!

The Forbush reunion was in early June and took place in Heber City at this amazing cabin that my brother and sister-in-law found. It was gigantic, or at least it seemed like it to all of us. It had 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, a big kitchen with everything we needed, a basement full of fun things including a pool table, pinball, ping pong, a big t.v., etc. Despite it being rainy and very muddy, we had an amazing time! It was so nice to just relax, play games, talk and eat with everyone. Nate and Sarah, who were in charge did a great job planning fun things for us to do. We had a great time doing unusual Olympic games, sharing our talents and just hanging out together. One of the very best parts of the reunion was the fact that there was absolutely no fighting between the kids, which meant no tattling! Thanks for all your hard work Nate and Sarah!!! It is our turn next year, wonder where and what we will be doing.☺

The Murdock reunion was in late June and held in Colorado Springs. Three of Marks siblings live there and so only 2 of us had to travel the long 10-12 hours. It was so great to be there and see each other again. We don't get to see Mark's family very often, so it is so great to see the cousins reunite and have a great time together. I personally love to see Mark and his brothers revert back to their childhood and tease and compete with each other. They are all pretty hilarious. Monica and Jared were the lucky ones to be in charge and they to did a fabulous job. We had a great time sharing funny talents, playing volleyball (of coarse not me on this one, I was afraid I might fall into the net again, and there is no need to do that since I already got the guy!) playing croquet, going to the park and playing games. The kids had a great time on the water slide and getting wet! Despite the long.... drive, Mark's Parents not being there (they are serving their 2nd mission in Mexico), and Marks bicycle injury (that really needed stitches), we had a super great time!

Thank you for all the great memories!!!

3 comments:

Chris and Heather said...

Thanks for sharing about the reunions. I love reading your blog because you are so funny. I especially like the part about playing volleyball.

Jill Dees said...

I am a blog crasher, hope you don't mind. I went into Tiffani's and figured I could find yours there. I just wanted to thank Mark again for his kindness in helping me so late last night with my tooth problem. It was so good to see him, he looks great and your oldest son, wow, it's hard to believe it has been that long since you were at our house for Micah's wedding, he is so old now! What a cutie to. Thank Mark again for me, I can't tell you how it was a blessing in more than one way for me!

Monica said...

Thanks for coming all that way and being such good sports!