Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Christopher's 11th Birthday!

Eleven years ago on October 15th, Christopher Mark Murdock was born. Even though he was only with us for a short time we love him and feel so blessed he is a part of our family. We like to celebrate his birthday each year by giving each of the kids a present to open and by blowing out the candles on his birthday cake. We also try to do a service project for someone, but sadly it didn't happen this year, at least not on his birthday. (the service project) Mark and I feel that celebrating Christopher's birthday is a great way to remember him, to help the children realize he is a part of our Eternal family, and it also helps the day not seem quite as sad.
The Cake!

Ready and excited to open their gifts!




Kaden liked his Star Wars Lego Set!


Tyler was excited to get the book "Brisingr" the third book in a series he enjoys!


Madison was thrilled with her new earrings and halloween socks!!!









Jacob also loved his Star Wars Lego Set!








Happy Birthday Christopher, we love you!

5 comments:

Chris and Heather said...

I think that is awesome that you guys do that for Christopher's birthday. I am so glad that I got to name Christian after Christopher.

nita said...

It is hard to believe that it has been 11 years isn't it. How exciting it will be to see him one day again. We love your family Cheree and had fun listening to Tyler piano recital.
Nita

Micah said...

What a great way to remember him. I remembered his b-day cause its also my mom and brothers bday. Sorry I didn't call or send an email. I was thinking of you though.

Tiffani said...

that last comment was from tiff. I was signed in under Micah.

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Christopher!